Tuesday, July 01, 2014

JUNE FAVOURITES

This is a very short June favourites because I recently did a post on my summer must-haves and I found myself thinking of the same products. To keep from repeating myself; this is just short and sweet. To all you fellow Canadians - HAPPY CANADA DAY! I found out last minute I got July 1st off and my husband will be at work, so who knows what kind of shenanigans I'll get up to. Canada day of 2011 was actually the day of my husband and I's first kiss! I had plans with a friend to go to a concert, but changed them for another friend who was going though a life crisis, but then she bailed, so I called him up. We planned to watch the Victoria fireworks but ended up staying at my place watching one of my only DVDs, My Sister's Keeper! I kissed him on the cheek and the next kiss came over a week later! Funny how things turn out. Yay for Canada Day and young love! 

Now here is what I've been loving all June.  

Maxi Maxi Maxi - all day, any day! This is currently my go-to clothing item. If I ever wonder where the day is going to take me or have no time to think about what to wear I always throw on a maxi! 


This is the most beautiful foundation - it feels so light AND provides full coverage! I have never felt the need to touch up, even on the hottest of days. 


This tea tumbler is OK, but what I have actually been loving this month are the $1 iced tea refills with it. On days I am working, this is so perfect and I have the chance to try a variety of iced teas.  


Statement necklaces. This one in particular I have been wearing a lot. In the summer I wear fairly basic and understated clothing. A bold necklace like this easily completes a simple outfit.


Birkenstocks. I wear them for comfort and convenience so obviously I am taking advantage of them being very "in" this season.

For anyone looking for last minute Canada Day outfit inspiration HoltsMuse did a good blog post with lots of ideas. Again, Happy Canada Day!! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! 

BY: SARAH MELNYK

No comments:

Post a Comment