Tuesday, November 04, 2014

OCTOBER FAVOURITES


It's time to say goodbye to scary movies and pumpkins and hello to peppermint hot chocolates and busy malls...annoyingly busy malls where I can't find parking. What I'm most excited for this November is the start of Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons and a new season of Vanderpump Rules! It didn't take me too long from going years without TV to having favourite shows recording on my PVR  lol.

What I was loving all October and still am now...

I've really been focusing on my eyebrows lately. The combination of the pencil with the gel is the perfect way to get bold fall eyebrows. The Brow Wiz pencil allows you to shape them and the Gimme Brow gel gives a wispy hair-like look while keeping them in place.

I have the limited addition RiRi matte deep purple called Talk That Talk from this time of last year. This colour is similar, as are there so many deep purples out there. I always opt for matte lipsticks for bold colours because they give a clean outline and stay put. I just love perfectly shaped bold lips in this shade with naked eyes and huge eyelashes - the perfect fall/winter transition look.

I drink juice every morning as a part of my breakfast. Now that I have a juicer I have more options than the Red Sunrise at Booster Juice. Lately I've been doing a lighter juice. 2 stalks of celery, 4 handfuls of spinach, 1 apple, and 1 english cucumber. It's defiantly an overflowing glass and every drop is delish. 

I can't get enough of all the warm fall teas to soothe away the chilly weather. I've been loving the combination of these three from David's Tea. I call it my detox tea because each tea on its own has detoxifying properties. It's mildly spicy but still has the warmth to give that cozy feeling. 

An old love but something I am really happy to have back in my life. Crystal nail files work so easily and keep my nails from breaking. When I feel a snag, I give my nails a little TLC with this tool and they grow forever. 

Books and audio books are awesome. As I've been reading forever, it's nothing new or note-worthy. But, I've recently gotten into audio books on audible.com. I found myself hooked, sometimes in my parcade after a long day listening to Crazy Rich Asians postponing doing anything but sitting and listening. Mind you the point of an audio book is to be hands free, which I did take advantage of most of the time. The first one is free, so go try one out! 

That is all for now. I'm a November baby and a fall lover and I can already tell this is going to be a good month - hope the same for all you too! Also my decadent, guilty-pleasure Christmas Starbucks drink is a tall peppermint white hot chocolate topped with whip cream, sea salt, and chocolate shavings - what's yours, leave it in the comments below. 

BY: SARAH MELNYK

5 comments:

  1. I like the shade of the lipstick..very wintrish!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these items you picked out, and I too love David's tea lol. I need to drink more juice I think, it looks so healthy from your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my crystal nail file too! It's lasted me for years which is great!

    xo T.
    initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a crystal nail file before! Going to have to search one of these out!

    ReplyDelete