Tuesday, September 22, 2015

LOUIS VUITTON ALMA BB REVEAL

I'm very excited to share with you my new Louis Vuitton Alma BB in Damier Ebene Canvas! 

The bag measures 25 x 19 x 12 cm (length x height x width) so yes it's the miniature version, but no, it's not impractically mini. It's actually the perfect size for easy everyday use with plenty of room for all the essentials. The bag itself is also very light so with the addition of say a wallet, phone, keys, and sunnies it should never feel too heavy for either cross-body or top handle use. For all the material options in the Alma BB Click Here.

It's a very smart and usable bag. The features I'm happy with the most are the protective studs on the bottom, double zip opening, and optional strap. I also like that it comes with the padlock and leather key tag for a little bag charm effect (although I'm thinking about getting a poof!).

The price is not the easiest to justify, but the iconic shape and quality craftsmanship make it a worthwhile investment. I know will hold up well over time if it's cared for well, and really, there isn't much to worry about with care compared to most bags. The smaller size is going to keep extra weight from wearing on the bag and will also help it keep it's shape. The Damier Ebene Canvas is quite stain and scratch resistant and the colour will stay nice. The only concern would be the hardware; being carried crossbody the strap is sure to create scratches near the handles and if the padlock is kept on the zipper pull it will scuff with usage. All in all I believe it will prove to be a good bag and I'm very happy with this purchase

For an idea of the strap length and how it sits crossbody or over the shoulder I am 5'5", size 0,  and, I hate to say it, but fairly flat-chested. When I was looking at reviews about this bag the strap seemed to really be the only issue. I feel like the length is perfect for my body and would work for almost anyone who looks good carrying a small bag.  Im not trying to say you have to be anywhere between short and wide or tall and skinny for this bag, but if your frame generally suits a larger bag then the strap and the size of the bag might look a little off. Also I don't feel the thinness of the strap irritates my shoulder, mind you I'm not one for a heavy bag.

One of my concerns before seeing the bag in person was the top handle; I wasn't sure if it would be big enough to actually feel comfortable being held on the crook of my arm. I needed that option when wearing jeans or running errands. Most often I tend to just grab my bag and go then crossbody it only if nessecary. I do think that it's OK either handheld or over the arm. It feels the same as my speedy; great as long as I'm not wearing a huge down jacket, which happens almost never living where I do (yay for not living in Ottawa with -20'C winters anymore!).






Outfit Detials: Shirt - Aritzia, Community / Bralette - Aritzia, Talula / Jeans - Citizens of Humanity / Flats - Dolce Vita / Jewellery - Oak + Fort, Marc Jacobs, Wildfox / Bag - Louis Vuitton

BY: SARAH MELNYK

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Very nice post...All the designer bags are looking too trendy and stylish...Perfect match for women...I loved it.......
    Alma bag

    ReplyDelete