Wednesday, January 25, 2017

JANUARY FAVOURITES

Hello,
Sarah here with a quick check-in for the new year with a few of my January Favourites! I'll spare you the "Where has 2016 gone!?" because I'm sure we are all on the same page there. 

The weather has my skin extra dry so I've been all about baths, dry brushing, and body oil. My favourite foundation is apparently being phased out, although when I went to re-buy it Chanel still had my Perfection Lumière Velvet Foundation and shade in stock, so who knows, but I did go with their new one and have been loving it. I'm always reading in the bath and I've had a lot of alone time recently so I have been going through books this month and found a new and hyped book that actually lives up to the hype. Other than that I've been wearing the same 3 camisoles on repeat; yes, I am one of those people who either obsess over or over-use the things they love until it's embarrassing. Oh, on the obsessive and embarrassing note, a few songs I could not stop replaying last month were "i hate you, i love you" by Gnash ft Olivia O'Brien, "Love Me Now" by John Legend (although I am very over this song already), "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur, and "Bad Things" by Machine Gun Kelly ft Camila Cabello; this is not the kind of music I typically listen to, I don't know what's gotten into me lately. 

I hope everyone has had a great start to the new year, not that it matters, time will always come and go, but if you're a "new year, new you" kind of person...what am I even saying. Happy New Year! Do you, be nice, and here is what I have been loving...



I've always loved body oil but I usually find they are either too thick, too thin, or the packaging is annoying but this one has a perfect consistency and the pump creates no mess at all! It applies and absorbs quickly and my skin is not oily throughout the day but left looking moisturized and very soft to the touch and the scent is on the earthy side and almost non-existent. Pure perfection! 



I usually stay away from new or hyped books but I decided to see what it was about and previewed the first chapter online before purchasing; turns out it's actually a good book. It's a nice reality check, especially for someone so busy and uptight like me. The message is delivered in a funny way but still gets you thinking and it's an easy quick read for anyone.




This full coverage but light feeling foundation does not budge once applied and like all Chanel foundations does not oxidate one bit. With 16 shades to choose from, you're sure to find your perfect match; mine happens to be Beige 21 and it does wonders to my very red and uneven  skin tone for hours until washed off. 




These camisoles could pass as silk but are 100% polyester, which that's fine with me because they are completely fuss-free, they never wrinkle, and are easy to care for. They are lined and not see through at all, hang off your body in a very flattering way, and make every outfit look a bit more polished. 



The product itself lives up to it advertisements, which is rare, and there is nothing like it that comes close in comparison for a comfortable, long-wearing, easy to apply liquid lipstick. The first time I used this I did one quick coat without a mirror and it applied and looked better than I could have imagined. Something about the wand is so easy and it actually makes the shape of your lips better than you thought possible. The formula dries quick, you don't feel it, and it is completely kiss, eat, drink, whatever -proof. Everyone I know and their dog raves about them; truly a lip-life changer. 

Again, Happy New Year! I'm a train wreck year round so I'm constantly working on myself and forgo the resolutions; however I do resolve to be a better me and that involves re-evaluating and setting goals. Currently I would like to find a good work, home, social, and me-time balance. I'd like to squat my way to a bigger butt, accept a bigger butt me, and hopefully by the summer not have a dimple on my left thigh (yes, skinny girls have cellulite and the same food/workout problems too!)  I'd like to take my heartburn from poor eating choices and lack of sleep seriously and OH! I'd actually like to incorporate sleep into my life! I'd like to have started laser hair removal by the end of 2017 (this I actually don't care too much about, it's been on my to-do list for years haha). Most importantly, I would like to continue but also put more effort into showing and letting the people I love know I love them a bit more, because really, when you work too much or are busier than you should be appreciation for what really matters is the first thing to go but it is the last thing that should. Haha I should stop the "love makes the world go around" / "love is all you need" and stick to clothes and makeup... But really, I'm grateful and truly appreciate more than anything to have been fortunate enough with another year of good health and relationships, some good and some bad to learn, grow, and laugh, and some really good memories to cherish for years to come; all of which I either can't say or would be meaningless without the people I love and that love me in my life. So I hope to learn and grow, have fun doing so, and make what I feel important more of a priority in 2017.

2 comments:

  1. Always wanted to try something like Ceramidin, really interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you've said “yes” to the big question, your mind will start thinking of how you want your wedding day to be and choosing a wedding dress. Of course, you've probably been thinking of this since you were a little girl and so the style and location of your wedding day will already be clear in your mind. Once you have agreed this with the groom-to-be,long sleeve wedding dresses mum, etc, you'll have a huge amount of things to begin planning. if u want a magic prom dresses,u need to go to u will find your own prom dress. View more dresses, please click www.beautydress.co.za. For more dresses information, please email at beautydress.sa@gmail.com. evening dresses south africa johannesburg

    ReplyDelete